Gamlins Law Limited
Gamlins Law Limited is a leading law firm committed to providing personal and affordable advice to corporate and private clients across North Wales. They specialise in private services such as personal injury, road traffic law, property and private client, as well as business services including employment, commercial and regulatory law.
Gamlins faced a variety of challenges with its previous solutions. Their offices struggled with multiple models of hardware with up to seven different device types, no secure print or tracking of jobs and a mixed service across the fleet – with limited account management. This resulted in a multitude of challenges, such as no secure print, creating wastage and unnecessary cost, and different experiences and output due to multiple drivers.
Other issues included little to no MI or analytics, with no understanding of user behaviour or business output and unnecessary time being wasted, with members of staff travelling into offices to overview post.
Right Digital Solutions conducted a full consultancy review of the current estate, processes and costs to evaluate and assess how we could support them.
This was done by mapping all devices onto floorplans with known volumes, using specialist Asset Tracking software tools and engaging in consultations with key stakeholders to understand pinch points and challenges. This was key in creating a new streamlined strategy and process to include the correct sized fleet of uniform hardware.
Another key challenge was securing print management to reduce wastage, improve security and analytical insights. From there on, RDS delivered a number of solutions starting with a uniform fleet of devices from the world’s top manufacturer to combat a mixed and problematic service.
Next, we implemented a secure print management solution with COVID friendly contactless release. This provided a secure print release, simple scanning workflows and copy control which enables users to print and release at any of Gamlin’s six offices – all tracked, auditable and with a full reporting suite.
In addition, a digital mailroom solution was implemented, as well as an RDS Printwatch to automate meter reading collection and toner fulfilment. Other solutions included power BI analytics, removal, cleansing and return of existing hardware to funder and training across all sites to all members of staff. Additionally, logistics and implementation of the solution were rolled out into Gamlins’ head offices, plus full project management across all six offices.
- 1Streamlined interface - A new and improved fleet of multifunctional devices resulted in decreased IT time spent supporting and upgrading.
- 2Cost savings - By factoring in settlement of current agreements, updating hardware and enhancing workflow, process, security and sustainability, Gamlin’s established 18% cost savings.
- 3Clarity across contacts - Replacing a myriad of contracts with a single agreement and terminating existing agreements, reducing the number of invoices requiring processing and providing the ability to review the solution and strategy as a whole.
- 4Reduced volume - Up to 10-20% reduction in unnecessary footfall with the ability to print and collect from any MFD in the fleet and a secure print facility across all locations, using one single queue.
- 5Deployment of secure solutions - Deployment of world-leading Print Management solutions allowing a powerful scanning element all managed from a central admin console. Clearer reporting - The ability to print, copy and scan reports as a user, department office or application level and a deeper understanding of how this is consumed within the business.
RDS provided an efficient and professional service. We felt listened to throughout the entire process. RDS worked collaboratively with us and really got to know the business and challenges we faced before tailoring our solution. Gamlins Law Limited