Print Management Security
- Managed Print
- Print Management Security
Why is Print Management Security important?
In a typical printing environment, any employees’ jobs are sent directly to the printer for immediate printing, this then results in wasted paper and toner when printing is not collected. This could then present a security risk if those forgotten jobs were sensitive or confidential.
The Solution: Secure Print Release
Secure print release (also known as follow me printing) provides a simple solution that places jobs in a holding state until the user authenticates and releases the job at the printer. Users may select individual jobs to release or have jobs automatically print after successful authentication. Secure Print Release also solves the problem of finding the closest printer from a long list of available devices. It’s a roaming print service that allows print jobs to find users based on their physical location. You may have heard it referred to as “Pull Printing” or “Push Printing”. It’s a great solution for large sites operating a common printer fleet.
Key benefits of print management security
- 1Protect document confidentiality - With software solutions like Follow Me Printer and pin/ ID protected devices, you can ensure that confidential documents are printed securely and only when the author authorises it.
- 2Minimise printed waste - Any print job that is not required can now be deleted at the devices reducing wastage. Any print that is not collected with a predefined time, which can be set to you organisations preference, will also be automatically deleted.
- 3Reduce printing costs - Outdated and redundant print devices waste energy and can also even increase IT labour costs. With print management security you can not only ensure you’re printing in the most secure way possible but also unnecessary running costs are eliminated through the print management software.
- 4Convenient, secure printing for all users - If your organisation has a secure printing process in place then employees understand the importance of protecting sensitive information when printing confidential documents out, this can also raise awareness of potential security threats.
Receive updates straight to your inbox
If you would like to be kept informed of our events and latest news, please subscribe to our newsletter.
"*" indicates required fields