CCM Partnership with Telefónica UK/O2
- Hardware: High quality, high speed print production devices
- Savings: More than half a million pounds over five years
- Consultancy: Printers reduced by rationalisation
- Software: Follow me style printing
- Installation: Multisite MPS role out
- Print room: On-site print room
- £500,000 (More than) Reduced over a five-year partnership
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefónica UK Limited and has over 24 million customers, O2 runs 2G, 3G and 4G networks across the UK, as well as operating O2 Wifi and owning half of Tesco Mobile. O2 has over 450 retail stores and sponsors The O2, O2 Academy venues and the England rugby team.
In July 2013, Telefónica UK/O2 entered in to a partnership with Capita customer management (CCM). As a result, CCM brought Right Digital Solutions onboard to deliver services and consultancy as part of the transition. This followed a Telefónica UK/O2 request for a review of their existing document environment at four O2 Partnership locations, with the intention to introduce greater efficiencies and deliver cost savings.
After consultation Right Digital Solutions agreed to provide an integrated managed print solution (MPS) with an on-site print room, design and print management facility. This delivered benefits to CCM clients wishing to retain these services within their own footprint.
Our business analysts completed a high level review of the four sites that had been identified by Telefónica UK/O2 (Preston Brook, Leeds, Glasgow and Bury).
The review concluded that migrating all print services to the partnership would realise savings of over half a million pounds for O2 over a five year contract term.
Timescales for this project were driven directly by the existing Xerox contractual arrangement which was due to expire in March 2014. The recommendations outlined how the CCM Partnership could unlock further efficiencies throughout the organisation by developing a multi-client service, delivering benefits to all of their existing customers looking to transition over such as; Npower, Marks & Spencer and Carphone Warehouse.
This comprised of a two stage strategy:
- Transfer of the management of O2's existing print room: We now manage the print room on site in Leeds and four members of staff became Capita employees via the TUPE process. They provide both a consultative and operational approach to managing the integrated document communication for office print, central print, outsourced print, design and scanning.
- New print room devices: Three new high end production devices for the print room were installed, replacing Xerox's devices that had been in place for over a decade.
- New multifunctional devices (MFDs) with MPS support: The Aged, inefficient hardware was replaced with 78 devices - 32 Kyocera printers and 46 Ricoh MFDs which allowed staff to print, photocopy and scan straight to email.
- Brand new networking capabilities: Implementation of a new network that allows MFDs to be used across the CCM partnership via Follow Me printing. The Follow Me printing software enables users to securely collect print jobs and scan documents to email from any device using a PIN, swipe-card or fingerprint ID.
- Clarity and control - Visibility of print usage and a controlled print environment through swipe card technology.
- Increased productivity - Guaranteed average 4 hour onsite response and 98% uptime for Right Digital Solution managed devices.
- Greener working - Significant reduction in waste by reducing the number of devices and driving down paper use.
- Worry free print consumables - All consumables are now managed by Right Digital Solution's managed print division meaning every printer is selected for its best in class quality and efficiency, consumables are ordered automatically when supplies are low so you are never without tonner, paper or ink.
- Comprehensive managed print solution
- Rationalisation and significant reduction in printers
- Governance, control and reporting
- High quality, high speed print production devices
- Better working practices for over 8,000 employees
- Lower carbon footprint
- A scalable, flexible integrated solution
- Single View
- Best Value to CCM partners
- Continuous innovation.
Delivering future efficiencies
Right Digital Solutions continues to support the CCM Partnership and is dedicated to delivering ongoing transformational services. In addition to utilising data to report activity and user behaviours across the organisation, thus enabling in-depth trend analysis by service and user level, key performance and contract monitoring information, channel shift data analysis, environmental statistics and detailed spend analysis. Which in turn allows decision makers to be informed, identify and target specific service areas for greater focus, reducing expenditure leakage, driving out waste and discover further efficiencies.
Thanks to Right Digital Solutions and the CCM partnership; Telefónica UK/O2 now benefits from an MPS service that provides them with the latest print equipment allowing for secure, simple and cost effective printing