Commercial Operations Administrator
- Work Location UK: United Kingdom
- Office location: London
- Position: Commercial Operations
- Work pattern: Monday - Friday (8.30 - 5.30)
- Employment type: Permanent, Full Time
Working in the Commercial Operations team and reporting to the Commercial Operations Manager, the
role covers a wide range of disciplines at the centre of all mid to high value contracts. The primary focus
of the role is to support the Commercial Operations Analyst and Commercial Operation Manager, and
other RDS departments in providing governance over contracts from a financial aspect.
You will be a proactive individual with excellent attention to detail, high level of numerical ability and
analytical skills, excellent communication skills and a high level of computer literacy – in particular Excel
- Working closely with our Commercial, Sales and Finance teams to process customer contract
- Managing and processing manufacturer pricing updates to ensure latest figures are available
to Commercial and Sales teams.
- Overseeing periodic supplier stock reports as required by the business.
- Helping shape commercial models under the supervision of Commercial Operations Manager
and other Commercial Operations Analysts to help maximise value for the customer and RDS.
- Supporting the Commercial team in helping design commercial models for presentation to
internal and external stakeholders.
- Supporting the Commercial team with general admin.
- Contribute to both role and team continuous improvement activities.
- Ensuring soft and annuity margins are maintained to support the operation of the business.
- Assisting with RFIs, tenders, RFPs, project opportunities, and presentations, construct
solutions and present them professionally to relevant stakeholders and customers as required.
- Managing your time to meet deadlines and to achieve the key performance indicators for your
- Demonstrating high degree of flexibility in working pattern due to demands of the deal location
- Attend and participate in meetings as requested.
- Adhere to all RDS policies and procedures.
- A Levels or commensurate experience
- High competency in Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
- Be a problem solver with analytical and organisational skills
- Demonstrate drive and ambition
- Commercially astute and business aware
- Excellent presentation, communication and negotiation skills
- High level of integrity
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Smart and presentable in keeping with the role
- Show excellent time keeping
- Can do attitude to everyday challenges
- Be articulate both in written and verbal formats
- Be innovative with great listening skills and ability to read and interpret client requirements
- Show ability to work in a team
- Show respect for your team members
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience in contracts and client engagement
- Experience in industry-specific or equivalent commercial models
- Teams, Asset Management Solutions, Experience with our industry-specific or equivalent commercial models
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
At Right Digital Solutions, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration – with colleagues, customers and clients – is what makes us so effective at what we do.
You’ll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country – the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential – whatever that means to you.
RDS’s values are at the heart of our business. We believe that our colleagues should be open, ingenious, collaborative and effective; honest, straight-talking people who are highly intelligent and creative, who work brilliantly as part of a team or leading a team, and who never accept mediocrity.
We’re looking for people that personify RDS’s values, who get involved in different things, deliver what they promise, take responsibility, embrace diversity, and respect their colleagues.
- Collaborative working environment – we stand shoulder to shoulder with our clients and ours peers through good times and challenges.
- We empower all passionate technology loving professionals by allowing them to expand their skills and take part in inspiring projects.
- Competitive company benefits such as medical, pension, life assurance, employee wellbeing programme, social events.
- Always working as one team, our people are not afraid to think big and challenge the status quo.
What Do I Need Before I Apply
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send email a cover letter and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name of the role (commercial operations administrator) in the subject of your email