Business Development Manager
- Work location UK - England - Birmingham
- Office location: Birmingham
- Position category: Sales Team
- Work pattern: Full Time
- Employment type: Permanent, Full Time
This role as Business Development Manager is to generate high quality new business appointments for the Sales Teams across the business to follow up. The Business Development Manager is representing the company over the phone, using LinkedIn as a marketing tool and exercising the appropriate behaviours from making a call to updating Salesforce, resulting in achieving optimal results in generating new business appointments.
- Contacting and prospecting new clients via calls, email, and social media marketing to book appointments for the Sales Team
- To deliver an agreed number of calls per day
- To deliver an agreed number of successful appointments / sales opportunities for the Sales Team
- To deliver targeted sales campaigns as defined by Marketing to generate new business
- Accurately maintain and update the CRM database including customer details, account history, scheduled call-backs, new opportunities and estimated and actual close dates
- Working with the Sales team to generate new business appointments pertaining to a specific geographic region
- Submit to your line-manager a regular report of activity including details of prospecting and appointments
- Submit to your line-manager a report of your weekly activity
- Attend meetings, seminars, sales events and training sessions etc, as an when requested
- Demonstrate a good understanding of our products and services
- Consistently delivering against targets, while prioritising and delivering outstanding customer sales experience to clients
- Maintain an excellent understanding of the market and our competitors’ products
- Adhere to all RDS policies and procedures
- Build, maintain and sustain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience or good understanding of both hardware and software products relevant to the managed print arena
- Experience of networking and developing strong relationships
- Experience of working in a customer facing role
- Able to demonstrate previous continuous sales / lead generation results
- Proven ability to negotiate at senior management to director level.
- Sales experience within MPS/office/production industry or an IT/Software sales background
- Experience working in a large corporate company environment
- Understanding of an IT infrastructure in the business environment.
- Microsoft literate in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Knowledge of or previous use of CRM like Salesforce or Dynamics.
- Be a problem solver with analytical and organisational skills
- Demonstrate drive and ambition
- Commercially astute and business aware
- Excellent presentation, communication and negotiation skills
- High level of integrity
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Target driven
- Smart and presentable in keeping with the role
- Show excellent time keeping
- Can do attitude to everyday challenges
- Be articulate both in written and verbal formats
- Be innovative with great listening skills and ability to read and interpret client requirements
- Show ability to work in a team
- Show respect for your team members
- Lead by example
- UK Driving License
About Right Digital Solutions
Right Digital Solutions specialises in delivering the right workplace technology that transforms document workflow and information management in digital workplaces; helping organisations be more agile, more efficient, and more profitable.
With over 30 years’ experience in the technology, document and information sector, we utilise our comprehensive business review and consultancy approach to understand and deliver solutions that are designed specifically for our clients’ organisations. Right Digital Solutions enables organisations to create a new digital workplace that meets the demands of today’s workforce by introducing innovations that enable information to flow as effectively as possible throughout their organisations.
What’s in it for you?
At Right Digital Solutions, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration – with colleagues, customers and clients – is what makes us so effective at what we do.
You’ll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential – whatever that means to you.
How to apply
To apply, please email your CV, covering letter and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job title as the email subject.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that Right Digital Solutions, here referred to as RDS does not accept unsolicited resumes/CVs from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, RDS will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, RDS explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of RDS.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability.